Common searches

First post, by FGB

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi Guys,
I need your help.
I've got a a Gallant SC-8000 sound card here, a card with Crystal CS4231 Codec, dream 9233 synth, dream 8905 effects processor, 1MB ROM, and a "CompuMedia" labeled soundchip. While the ROM of this card is small, the effects are quite good and the effects can also be applied to the FM-part of the dream 9233 synth, sounds interesting in some games.

I did a research and cannot find the drivers. Driversguide is claiming to have the drivers but I will never ever pay for a site which collects copyrighted material without explicit permission of the copyright owner and sells it. Other drivers sites have the same archives but with garbage inside.
I also found the Gallant website on archive.org but the SC-8000 drivers are not downloadable there. Damn it!

The files I'm looking for are:

SC-8000.zip.zip (includes 2 zipped disk images)
SC8000-1.ZIP (Image of Disk 1)
SC8000-2.ZIP (Image of Disk 2)

The last thing I found was a blog from Poland with an article about a very similar SC-8000 card which I gave the blogs owner for free years ago and the blogs owner found the drivers and uploaded them well.. into.. the nirvana aka rapidshare and megaupload. So I'm sure he has the files I need. But I failed to contact the owner of the blog. The URL is: https://retrosoundcards.wordpress.com/categor … allant-sc-8000/

My questions:

Can anyone help me with the drivers?
Does anyone know the owner of the "retrosoundcards.wordpress.com" blog?

Thanks in advance,
Fabian

www.AmoRetro.de Visit my huge hardware gallery with many historic items from 16MHz 286 to 1000MHz Slot A. Includes more than 80 soundcards and a growing Wavetable Recording section with more than 300 recordings.

Reply 1 of 4, by idspispopd

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

See DriverGuide.com’s Not-so-surprising Scammy Tactics:
- Install eg. "User Agent Overrider" in Firefox
- Set User Agent to "Android / Chrome 34" (worked for me)
- Load the Driverguide page, note that the "Use DriverGuide's Installer" toggle is gone.
- Download.

If that doesn't work, I now have the file and could send it to you.

Reply 2 of 4, by FGB

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It worked out very well, thank you very much!
Looks like I was living under a rock 🤣

Greets from Berlin to Hamburg!

www.AmoRetro.de Visit my huge hardware gallery with many historic items from 16MHz 286 to 1000MHz Slot A. Includes more than 80 soundcards and a growing Wavetable Recording section with more than 300 recordings.

Reply 4 of 4, by foxbat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If you are looking for Gallant SC-8000 drivers please just follow instructions provided in this post, starting with quoted text as instruction:
Re: Link Repository for Vintage PC Driver\Documentation Archives, FTPs, Websites
Just use http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/ to find ID and use it on https://driversdownload.solvusoft.com to get the driver archive.